Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tae kwon do schools

I was hesitant to cover this topic. I certainly don’t want to feel someone’s fist of fury, but this is funny so I must tell. If this is my last post, then avenge me or even better, rent the first matrix. Man that is a good film.

Sorry, got a bit off base for a second. A couple of years back I decided to get back into martial arts and started checking out schools. If you don’t do TKD, there isn’t anything out there. No karate no kung fu. Just TKD, at least in this town. Here is what I found about SOME not all but some of the Tae Kwon Do schools.
It’s a pyramid scam. There are a few Black belts on the top and they make money from the many many white belts.

Guess the only way into the black belt club?

Hard work? Nope
Determination? Yes, but not the way your thinking
Shovel cash at the teacher? Yes.

Black belts are expensive. But I didn’t meet one black belt that I couldn’t go toe to toe with.

Here is my last teacher. He once told me the path to enlightenment was through meditation.



He also told me that he likes the teletubbies and me his parents made tons of money.

No comments: