Thursday, February 22, 2007


My zune review,



this is my first full portable media player outside of a mambo nano I had for about a week, then returned.. I have had mp3 players for several years but not a full media player until now. I looked around for quite some time before I committed. Here are my thoughts on it.

Why not an ipod? Well I got to tell you, it was never in the running. I didn’t like the screen size and audio quality. The 2 things I was looking for in a media player.
I looked at a the zen M and it was really more of the same, lots of supported formats in it and an improved audio quality but still didn’t care for the screen size. The zen W would have been a good choice, but it was 50 bucks more then the others.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with it. 3 inch screen and overall great sound quality.
Musically I have been listening to music a lot more since I got it and the sound quality is superb. I did have to get different ear buds, my ears must be shaped differently, not bad, probably better then regular ears, since then no complaints,
Video wise, I got a software from cucusoft that lets me convert dvd’s to zune and I have a cable hooked up to my pc so I can transfer tv directly to zune (again using cucusoft to format it). So I got plenty of media. Without the cucusoft (which I am kuku for) I would be dead in the water.
Great quality for dvds and above average quality for tv shows that were converted.
The other features like fm tuner not that big of a deal to me, the wireless aspect isn’t really appealing to me either. I only have 1 person I know with a zune and I hate the music he listens to, so not interested in sharing music with him.

I have it 10 thumbs up out of 10 if I had 10 thumbs (my shop teacher said I did)

No comments: